Top 10 Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Shoulder Impingement Doctor
Before choosing a shoulder impingement doctor, it is advisable that patients consider the following:
Experience – Patients should find out as much as they can about the doctor’s medical experiences.
- Hospital Affiliations – Take the time to find out about the doctor’s hospital affiliations. The doctor should be board-certified and working with a team of reputable specialists that are prepared to provide the best treatment for the shoulder impingement syndrome.
- Treatment for Shoulder Impingement Syndrome – The doctor should be able to offer various treatment options and to perform the surgery (if necessary) himself, instead of his colleagues or assistants.
- Goals and Expectations – Patients are advised to express their goals and expectations from the treatment option that is offered by the shoulder doctor. Choose a doctor who tells the patient that his or her expectations are unrealistic or otherwise.
- Medical Expenses – Patients need to ensure that they ask the doctor about his medical costs, consultation fee, and other additional expenses before they consult him. Bear in mind that different doctors offer different costs, which largely depend on their locations and qualifications.
- Anesthesia – Besides verifying the doctor’s experience and credentials, it is recommended that patients ask the doctor about the aesthetician that is in charge of monitoring the anesthesia. Ask the doctor to recommend a trusted aesthetician and if necessary, conduct as much research as possible about him or her.
- Recovery Time – Patients should choose a shoulder doctor who is able to discuss the recovery period and everything else related to the procedure or treatment. The doctor should be able to answer any questions that patients have about the treatment options and rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation – A reputable shoulder doctor has numerous contacts of physical therapists that are able to create exercise programs for his patients to ensure that they can regain their shoulder function and motion within a short period.
- Easy to Contact – Consider choosing a doctor who does not restrict his patients from contacting him. Even if he is extremely busy, he should provide contact details of his staff or assistants. Patients should be able to contact him and his staff via telephone or email.
- Bedside Manner – Patients should choose a shoulder impingement doctor who has good bedside manners, which means he constantly keeps in touch with his patients to find out if they are recovering from the shoulder impingement treatment.
To find out if the doctor is reputable and has good bedside manners, patients need to take the time to read patient reviews that can be found on the Internet.
Call us at 646-593-7305 to arrange an appointment with our specialists today. Alternatively, click below and we will call you back shortly.